Marsden Silver once again showed off their march and hymn tune prowess as led by MD, Alan Widdop they claimed the Morley title in West Yorkshire for an unprecedented eighth time on the weekend.
After taking the Saddleworth Whit Friday Local Champions title last weekend, the Yorkshire Area First Section winner added an extra £770 in prize money to their coffers, as well as being able to fill the Crispin Trophy with a cold drink or two in celebration as they look towards the National Finals in Cheltenham in September.
The band won both elements with euphonium player Alice Waterhouse taking the individual award for 'Best Instrumentalist'.
Second place and £330 went to Championship Section Yorkshire Imperial DUT, with Second Section Skelmanthorpe Prospect Brass upsetting the form book and taking some notable scalps in coming third and bagging £180.
Contest controller Geoff Fowler told 4BR: "What a fantastic day we had in Morley. There were lots of brilliant performances from start to finish. The weather also played its part and the attendance was the best to date."
What a fantastic day we had in Morley. There were lots of brilliant performances from start to finish. The weather also played its part and the attendance was the best to dateContest organiser, Geoff Fowler
Adjudicators: Kevin Waldsworth; Sarah Groarke-Booth
March/Hymn = Total
1. Marsden Silver (Alan Widdop): 1/1 = 2
2. Yorkshire Imperial DUT (Russell Gray): 2/2 = 4
3. Skelmanthorpe Prospect (Phil Garlick): 5/3 = 8
4. Fishburn (Lewis Wilkinson): 3/6 = 9
5. Skelmanthorpe (Jim Davies): 6/4 = 10
6. Hepworth (Leigh Baker): 4/8 = 12*
7. Kippax (Ian Knapton): 7/5 = 12
8. Unite the Union (John Robertds): 8/7 = 15
9. Shirland Welfare Training (Lynden Cooper): 9/9 = 18
10. Elmfield Brass (Jack Bennett): 10/10 = 20
11. Tingley Brass (John Belton): 11/11 = 22
12. Tewit Youth Intermediate (Martin Hall): 12/12 = 24
13. Huddersfield & Ripponden (Adam Bell): 13/13 = 26
* Higher placing in Street March
Best Street March: Fishburn (£60)
Best Deportment: Fishburn (£50)
Best First Section Band: Skelmanthorpe (£120)*
Best Second Section Band: Kippax (£120)*
Best Third Section Band: No entries*
Best Fourth Section Band: Elmfield Brass (£90)*
*Not in top three prizes
Best Youth Band: Shirland Welfare Training (£90)
Best Contest March: Marsden Silver (£75)
Best Hymn Tune: Marsden Silver (£75)
Best Instrumentalist: Marsden Silver (euphonium) (£20)
Best Hymn Tune (Youth): Shirland Welfare Training (£50)
Best Deportment (Youth): Tewit Youth Intermediate (£50)