Our little Christmas Eve quiz should get any sluggish the grey cells sparking back into life over the next few hours hours.
All you have to do is get the answers right and then use the first letter of each to spell out the name of a great 2016 test piece. You must show us how you worked it out though...
The winner will get a couple of the latest brass band CDs...
Answers tomorrow — with another quiz to come...
All you have to do is get the answers right and then use the first letter of each to spell out the name of a great 2016 test piece4BR
1. Blooms in a Welsh Garden?
2. Test pieces of an Oriental, Northern and Triumphant inspiration?
3. The Christian name of a Major of diminutive stature but of huge musical achievement — including a memorable hat-trick?
4. Orchestral work by Harrison Birtwistle and also a brass band test-piece by Peter Graham?
5. The name of a former British Open winning band, a traditional Lancashire cake and a character from the famous BBC radio show 'The Goons' played by Spike Milligan?
6. French composer heard in a bit of a twist during 2016?
7. An opera by John Adams inspired by a diplomatic trip taken by a former 'tricky' US President?
8. The subject matter of an opera farca of 1786 by Domenico Cimarosa — much loved and performed by brass bands?
9. The 2016 Nobel Prize Winner for Literature's 'jingle-jangle' song man?
10. The name of a legendary city half sunk below the waves by a baddie called Karnac?
E-mail us the answer before 12.00pm tonight (24th December) with your contact telephone details using the e-mail icon below using:
Please remember to tick the I'm not a robot box!