The worldwide popularity of All Brass Radio has certainly been shown in October with a record number of voters taking the opportunity to make their opinion felt on 65 brand new tracks.
And the top spot is now held by the world's number 1 ranked band, as Cory' s 'Day of the Dragon Special' leads the way.
Presenter Jim Fox told 4BR: "Specials are new to All Brass Radio. In Cory's case the 'Special' came from the CD 'Day of the Dragon' recorded back in 2004.
An introduction is recorded and then the tracks are spliced into one track. The tracks spliced movements from the 'Day of the Dragon' including 'Overture', 'Lullaby', 'Welsh Clog Dance', 'Ballad' and 'Triumph'."
Another 'Special' also made the Top 20 from the International Staff Band. In all, there are 10 specials in the playlist.
Other interesting notes include the continued popularity of the dynamic 'Fire in the Blood' by the ISB and the rise of Kirsty Abbots up the list. A little known tune from an Australian TV show, 'The Flying Doctors' also keeps moving up the list.
Out of about 570 tracks, only two are not brass bands — both trombone choirs. Spiritual to the Bone makes the list once again with their rendition of 'Linus and Lucy'.
All Brass Radio is a free All Brass Band Radio Station that plays tracks every day of the year, commercial-free, thanks to the generosity of the donors.
Specials are new to All Brass Radio. In Cory's case the 'Special' came from the CD 'Day of the Dragon' recorded back in 2004Jim Fox
1. Cory — 'Day of the Dragon Special'
2. International Staff Band — 'Fire in the Blood'
3. Carlton Main Frickley Colliery — 'You Raise Me Up' (Soloist: Kirsty Abbotts)
4. Brass Band de Waldsang — 'The Flying Doctors'
5. Hitchin Band — 'Death or Glory'
6. Polysteel Band — 'Benedictus from The Armed Man'
7. Virtuosi GUS — 'Themes from Silverado'
8. Hitchin Band — 'A Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square' (Soloist: Mike Thorn)
9. Brass Band Burgermusik Luzern-— 'Star Trek: The Voyage Home'
10. Spiritual to the 'Bone — 'Linus & Lucy'
11. Desford Colliery Caterpillar — 'Love Changes Everything'
12. NSK-RHP Ransome — 'John Williams at the Movies'
13. International Staff Band — 'Quest Trilogy Special'
14. Black Dyke Mills — 'Theme from Crimson Tide'
15. EYMS — 'The Old Rugged Cross'
16. Desford Colliery Caterpillar — 'Rhapsody in Blue'
17. Black Dyke Mills — 'Mars, The Bringer of War'
18. Kirkintilloch — 'Hymn to the Fallen (from 'Saving Private Ryan')
19. Foden's Richardson — 'The Firebird: Infernal Dance & Final Hymn'
20. Brass Band Berner Oberland — 'The Barber of Seville'