The Borders Area Solo & Ensemble contest recently took place at Teviot Church in Hawick, where there was a great display of emerging talent on show for adjudicator Russell Gray to enjoy.
The winners in each section now qualify for the Scottish Solo & Ensmeble Finals in Livingston on 2nd February.
Russell certainly enjoyed the playing on the day, which was ably supported by accompanist Fiona Dickson.
Adjudicator: Russell Gray
Junior Solo:(12 years and under)
1. Skye Macara-Henderson (Gala Youth Band)
2. Eliza Bevan (Duns Primary School)
3. Iris Deane (Gala Youth Band)
4. Ryan Borthwick (Selkirk Silver Band)
Intermediate Solo:(16 years and under)
1. Callum Robb (St. Ronan's Silver Band)
2. Thomas Brydon (St. Ronan's Silver Band)
3. Ally Norman (St. Ronan's Silver Band)
4. Freya McLeman (Selkirk Silver Band)
Intermediate Ensembles:(up to 5 players)
1. St. Ronan's Silver Band
2. Peebles Youth Band