All Brass Radio: www.allbrassradio.com
All Brass Band Radio (ABBR) and has very unique feature: It allows the listeners to vote on the tracks being played at any time all over the world.
The playlist is therefore controlled by the listeners. Low voted tracks are taken down almost immediately, whilst the highest voted tracks are published in the Top 20 list.
November was a month of real upheaval in the playlist, with tracks added from five of the latest CDs on the market. More tracks dropped off as we look to bring the overall track list down to an ultimate play list of 500.
However, the voting has shown that popular tracks remain just that — with great playing from great bands and soloists always making their mark.
One such is the playing of Kirsty Abbotts — a fantastic player whose has featured on the playlist for the past few years and now makes it into the top 20 and to the very top spot.
Meanwhile, in the early days there were lots of 'fun' pieces, but as the listenership has grown, it has also matured with many more 'serious' works now featured on a regular basis.
The International Staff Band is featured with the powerful rendition of 'Fire in the Blood' in second spot — maintaining a remarkable run that now stretches back six months.
A few surprises did happen though. Two tracks with tunes you will be humming later have made the Top 20 — 'The Flying Doctors' from an old Australian TV show and the famous space-age hit 'Main Theme from Fireball XI5 Zero G' played by Brighouse & Rastrick Band.
It's also great to see Ebbw Valley Brass, who sent ABBR a CD (and others can follow suit!), who make it into the Top 20 with 'Fat Bottom Girls' whilst 'Barnacle Bill' is another fun piece that makes it from Pikes Peak Brass.
All Brass Radio www.allbrassradio.com is a sponsor funded internet radio station that plays all brass band radio tracks (with a surprise or two) 24-hours a day and the stream is completely commercial-free.
One such is the playing of Kirsty Abbotts — a fantastic player whose has featured on the playlist for the past few years and now makes it into the top 20 and to the very top spotAll Brass Radio
1. You Raise Me Up (Soloist: Kirsty Abbotts) (Carlton Main Frickley Colliery)
2. Fire in the Blood (International Staff Band)
3. Summon the Heroes (Kirkintilloch)
4. Day of the Dragon Special (Cory)
5. 1812 Overture (All Star Girls of Brass)
6. Benedictus From The Armed Man (Polysteel Band)
7. Love Changes Everything (Desford Colliery Caterpillar)
8. A Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square (Soloist: Mike Thorn) (Hitchin)
9. Chariots of Fire (Brass Band de Waldsang)
10. It Doesn't Mean a Thing (Hitchin)
11. Hymn to the Fallen (Saving Private Ryan) (Kirkintilloch)
12. Wild West! (Best Of Ennio Morricone) (Black Dyke Mills)
13. The Flying Doctors (Brass Band de Waldsang)
14. The Old Rugged Cross (EYMS Band)
15. Mars, The Bringer of War (Black Dyke Mills)
16. Overture — The Barber of Seville (Brass Band Berner Oberland)
17. Barnacle Bill (Pikes Peak Brass)
18. Fat Bottom Girls (Ebbw Valley Brass)
19. Main Theme from Fireball Xl5 Zero G (Brighouse & Rastrick)
20. Aspects of Andrew Lloyd Webber (Household Troops Band)