Fountain City completed a remarkable double hat trick of domestic US titles on the weekend after they comprehensively won the US Open at the Norris Cultural Arts Centre in St Charles, Illinois.
Packs its bags
Conducted by Joseph Parisi, the band took the title ahead of rivals Brass Band of Central Florida, with the Canadian debutants of Weston Silver in third.
Fountain City now packs its bags and heads to the UK for a month long tour which will see them give a number of high profile concerts as well as take part in the Brass in Concert and Scottish Open Championships.
1. Fountain City (J. Parisi) (297+71) = 368
2. Brass Band of Central Florida (M. Garasi) (294+67) = 361
3. Weston Silver (L. Shields) (287+58) = 345
4. Ohio Brass Band (T. Zilincik) (273+67) = 340
5. Eastern Iowa (C. Thomas) (278+59) = 337
6. Motor City (C. Strain) (266+58) = 324
7. Prairie Brass Band (D. Niermeyer) (260+57) = 317
8. Madison Brass Band (C. Mason) (262+50-2.5pen) = 309.5
9. Milwaukee Festival Brass (P. Backhaus) (237+48) = 285
Most Entertaining: Fountain City
Best Featured Soloist: Theo Musick, Fountain City, Xylophone
Best Percussion Section: Central Florida
Best Performance of a March: Central Florida
Best Cornet: Kim Dekay (soprano), Ohio Brass Band
Best New Arrangement/Compoistion: Lee Harrelson, Fountain City, Foggy Day