There was a clear victory gained for Brass Band BlechKLANG at the recent German Brass Band Entertainment Contest.
Their delivery of Peter Graham's 'Call of the Cossacks' programme under MD Alexander Richter, which combined excellent ensemble and solo playing with witty choreography (wearing fez hats) and expertly delivered stage craft (including jugglers) saw the band from Jena claim a six-point of margin of success over their nearest rival Nordbayerische Brass, with Jugend Brass Band PotzBlech in third.
In an interview with CU Brass, their MD and xylophone player (still wearing his fez and false moustache) explained about their performance:
MD, Alexander Richter said: "I am incredibly proud of my band. To deliver such a performance only four weeks after the joint concert with the Jena Philharmonic orchestra, testifies to the dedication and skill of every musician — Bravo!"
The event was part of the German Music Festival in Osnabruck, with the adjudicators Oliver Chadik, Stefan Ametsbichler, Andreas Martin Hofmeir and Magnus Hylander praising all the bands for their performances.
I am incredibly proud of my band. To deliver such a performance only four weeks after the joint concert with the Jena Philharmonic orchestra, testifies to the dedication and skill of every musician — Bravo!MD, Alexander Richter
1. Brass Band BlechKLANG (Alexander Richter) — 91.75pts
2. Nordbayerische Brass Band (Mathias Wehr) — 85.5pts
3. Jugend-Brass-Band PotzBlech (Hans Jacob) — 80.5pts
4. Brassband De WÃ¢ldsang (Rieks van der Velde) — 78.75pts
5. 3BA Youth Band (Sebastian Schwarz) — 77.5pts
6. Jugendbrassband Oberösterreich (Karl Geroldinger) — 75.25pts
7. Brass Band Constantijn Huygens (Richard Visser) — 74.5pts
8. Top Floor Brass Band (Anton Koch) — 65.25pts