Our little Christmas Eve quiz got plenty of you thinking and scratching your heads — there were not that many correct answers!
You should have come up with the test piece 'Fraternity' by Thierry Deleruyelle — made up from the first letters of the following answersâ€¦
Our winner was Martin Swann who plays with Carlton Main Frickley Colliery Band. Clever chap.
Questions and Answers:
1. Blooms in a Welsh Garden?
2. Test pieces of an Oriental, Northern and Triumphant inspiration?
3. The Christian name of a Major of diminutive stature but of huge musical achievement — including a memorable hat-trick?
Answer: Arthur (Kenney)
4. Orchestral work by Harrison Birtwistle and also a brass band test-piece by Peter Graham?
Answer: Triumph of Time
5. The name of a former British Open winning band, a traditional Lancashire cake and a character from the famous BBC radio show 'The Goons' played by Spike Milligan?
6. French composer heard in a bit of a twist during 2016?
7. An opera by John Adams inspired by a diplomatic trip taken by a former 'tricky' US President?
Answer: Nixon in China
8. The subject matter of an opera farca of 1786 by Domenico Cimarosa — much loved and performed by brass bands?
9. The 2016 Nobel Prize Winner for Literature's 'jingle-jangle' song man?
10. The name of a legendary city half sunk below the waves by a baddie called Karnac?
Answer; Ys (Le Roi d'Ys)